1st Semester Sketchbooks
Due December 7th
*students will have at least 10 minutes of each class for sketching but they will be required to finish sketches either at home or when they have extra time in class. Sketchbooks make up 10% of the students overall grade in the class.
1. Pick an emotion and then use it to create a drawing or painting. Incorporate words, quotes, sayings, etc.
2. Draw a place that you would love to visit. (Use color)
3. Design a yearbook cover for Cypress. (Medium open)
4. Draw a dog holding the sun. Mixed media.
5. Design a tattoo. (Medium Open)
6. Make a collage that describes you. (Medium: collage)
7. Draw several flowers using only geometric shapes. (colored pencil)
8. Draw your hand holding something. (pencil)
9. Paint yourself underwater. (Medium: watercolor)
10. Paint a bird on a tree limb. (Medium: watercolor)
11. Practice shading circles and turning them into sphere's. (medium: charcoal and/or graphite)
12. Using one triangle, 3 circles, and 5 squares, create a design and color it in. (medium: marker or color pencil)
13. Collage of drawings....things you find in a garden. Use pencil and watercolor.
14. Draw an envelope shape. On the back of the envelope, where the flap comes up...draw a scenic picture in the flap.
15. There is an animal living in one of your appliances. Draw it. Color it.
16. Using one or two symbols, create a design that takes the entire page--minimize negative space.
17. Make a collage...mix collage items with drawings. The theme of the collage is "Summer".
18. Draw your hand holding your cell phone.
19. Prompt: Coffee and Daydreaming.
20. Prompt: What if insects ruled the earth?
21. Holding your heart in your hands.
22. A storm on a summer day.
23. Free Choice
24. The day the music died.
25. Schools out for the summer!